Prestigious Villa "Montecavallo" in Montepulciano, Tuscany Presumably the history of the Villa goes back to the far 17th century. There is evidence that earlier Villa belonged to the famous family of the count Bartolomeo Barbiani (1596-1645), as evidenced by the vintage canvas with oil frescos of the 17th century, which is kept in the Palazzo Cervini in Montepulciano. The Villa is located within walking distance from the city (around 800 metres) to the small community of "Montecavallo", hence the name of the Villa itself. The total area of the Villa is about 1000 square meters on three levels. The first two levels are above ground (first and second floor area of 680 sq. m. and an attic of 65 sq. m.) and divided into two apartments, one of which with access to the backyard. The underground floor is a cave and grotto that was used as a Cantina (cellar for storing wine), vaulted ceilings, an area of 358 sq. m. The Park around the Villa is 80 acres with tall pine trees (cypresses, cedars, pines), Laurel bushes, creating a trail in the Italian style for walks in the Park. There are also some olive and fruit trees.