The Domus Fabii is a villa in the pine wood, only 30 minutes drive from the centre of Rome. For its peculiarities and characteristics, architecture, the villa has got the specification of the Country House from the Tourist Promotion Company. Originally built around 1940, it was purchased by the current owner in the seventies and was restored and expanded. On the lower floor the spacious and bright rooms, which all overlook the garden, the great hall of a manor house and 2 rooms for the guests. The great feature of the lounge is the immense fireplace. The villa takes its name from Fabio, the head of the family and author of the restoration. The decor of the house reflects the family tradition. The garden is structured around four pine trees and two large Carob trees with very generous shade during the day.
15 km from the Fiumicino Intercontinental airport, 2 km from the sea and 30 km from the centre of Rome. Very close to Ceri -old village.
Ceri (Italian pronunciation: [ˈtʃɛːri]) is a small town in the Lazio (central Italy), a part of the comune of Cerveteri, in the province of Rome. It occupies a fortified plateau of tuff at a short distance from the city of Cerveteri.
Inhabited before the 7th century BC, the town's native population changed several times, from Etruscans to Romans. Numerous tombs from the Etruscan and Roman periods can be found in the area.
The town as it looks today was founded in 1236 when the inhabitants of its Caere neighbour abandoned the former to be better protected by rock formations. To this, they gave the name of Caere Novum (simply Ceri, not to be confused with another neighbour, Cerenova), in order to distinguish it from the ancient city, Caere Vetus (today Cerveteri). In the same period, the castle was constructed for the defence of the town.
Since the 14th century, Ceri became the property of some of the greatest Italian families: from the Anguillara (of which the greatest exponent was Renzo da Ceri) to Cesi, the Borromeo, the Odescalchi, and ended with the Torlonia, who are still owners of a large part of Ceri.