Detached house in city Savonlinna
450.00 sq.m., 10 bedrooms

€ 2 900 000

Translated automatically. Show original description.

Gorgeous and unique Villa Raumanlinna" built on the shore of lake Saimaa in 1900, near the town of Savonlinna. Villa Raumanlinna" (Castle in the world) was built by Niels Vejmanom (Nils Weckman, 1850-1906). He held the position of Lieutenant-General in the management of fortification of the Imperial army. The project started in 1895. Supervision of construction works was entrusted to the architect Allan Shulman. In construction works were attended by hundreds of men and dozens of horses. Five carpenters who have received special training and has created a masterful wooden ornaments, and St. Petersburg masters laid parquet floor rooms. The quality of construction materials used mainly Finnish pine, red granite stones of the cap brought from Virolahti and grey granite from the island Saimaan Suotta. The finishing details of the ceilings, the interior was made of plaster, and decorative tiled stoves were from the city of Turku . Estimated cost of construction was $ 200 000 gold coins of the time. In the beginning around the Villa "Raumanlinna" was an area of 7 hectares, which was cut off from the earth nearby farmhouses Lehtiniemi. "Raumanlinna" was built on a high hill where we could see a dazzling views of the water. On the other side of the pond (approx 5 km) you can see the city of Savonlinna. Nils, Weckman was married to the daughter of the owner of the estate Lehtiniemi. When Raumanlinna" was built, Weckman gave it to his wife on silver wedding 27.07.1900 g, then it was celebrated the Grand opening of Villa Raumanlinna". General construction complex Raumanlinna" includes different styles: Empire, Biedermeier and Tavrichesky, which are all highlighted in a beautiful wooden ornaments. Currently around Villa Raumanlinna" there are about 100 acres of land, of which the share of forests accounts for about 70 hectares. The shoreline of lake Saimaa extends 4.5 miles . Gorgeous beach with a bulk head and dock that can tie up even a large ship. The beach has great views of Samoa Olavinlinna. The territory has its own small lake, and one side boundary of the estate is lake Malpere. There unused construction area: 7000 m2, which can be used for the construction of private property, as well as for the construction of hotel complexes. The Villa is located the main building, consisting of 3 buildings and restaurants, as well coastal bath and magnificent pier. The main building is a 4 storey, 450 m2/330 m2, completed observation tower height of about 20 meters, with several sites. Layout: On the ground floor of the cafe, toilet restaurant, storage and boiler room. On 1st floor: high festive hall, which bypass the balconies decorated with lace, carved wood trim. In addition to great festive hall, on this floor there are two facilities, Turkish room, living room, large kitchen, and a balcony. In the Turkish room, the stained-glass Windows, the lights, the crescents, the Wallpaper with a large figure. On 2nd floor : 6 rooms, which form 3 apartments with private toilets/showers. This floor also has a private balcony. On 3rd floor: 2 bedrooms, office, toilet and storage rooms. Located on the floor of a room currently used as a hotel room. In each apartment there is a beautiful tiled stove and the ceiling frescoes. Rooms of the 1st floor and festive hall is also decorated with beautiful tiled stoves. Part of the original furniture stored and is part of a single interior. In the festive hall and other holiday areas are tables for 100-120 people. Heating buildings Raumanlinna" comes from the Central system , running on liquid fuel. The boiler room is located on the ground floor of the building. Throughout the building, besides there are air conditioning. In the yard at one time was built the stables and houses for staff . Today they are used as a hostel for workers in restaurants and stores, as well as necessary for restaurant refrigeration room. Later, around 1980 between buildings were also built housing for the superintendent. From the courtyard villas Raumanlinna" the alley leads to the beach where they have built a sauna, as well as the pier at the end of a mound of earth and stones, which can tie up even large ships. In the summer there is a regular circulation of the ferries to the shopping area of the city of Savonlinna (about 15 minutes). Restoration works of the building Raumanlinna started in 1972 under the supervision of the archaeological Commission (now the Museum office). In July 1973 fully restored "Raumanlinna" was opened for tourist activities. Before this winter, activities hotels and restaurants was carried out by tourist Union Lomaliitto. Distances: To the city of Savonlinna (cultural capital of Finland) - 14 km To the city Punkaharju - 39 km To the border with the Russian Federation (Svetogorsk) - 130 km Owners "Raumanlinna". With the death of Niels Weckman (1905) the ownership of the estate was passed in 1921 to a family member of the mother of Weckman General-major Sikapusi Hermano. In 1924, the owner was the Union bosses railway stations in Finland, and in 1938, the ownership passed to the Ministry of defence, and during the war worked there listening to the radio and the Air force base, nahodivshiesya subordinate to the General staff. Until 1948, the building was the school of communications of the army. Country Union Junior officers "Raumanlinna" began in 1948, when the building was built with Central heating and electric lighting in the rooms. A few years ago Directorate gave Villa Raumanlinna" in the possession of the state company " Kapiteeli Oy, which in 2001 was sold to private investors.

Seller information

Seller type Agency
Company Lappi

Location of the property on the map

Similar offers