It is one of the most famous and valuable manors, not only in Samogitia, but also throughout Lithuania.
Plinkšiai manor is the official name of this manor, which is currently renamed with new, much-sounding name of Lelijos manor. Its governor said that the name of the manor was born due to lilies, which are pictured in the symbolic of the manor, and are growing all around the manor. there is a lot of manorial environment. They are blooming spectacularly during the summer at Plinkšiai lake, on which shore the manor itself is located.
Designs of the Neoclassical and Neo-Renaissance manor building were prepared by the German architect Rosenbank at the end of the 19th century. The manor complex consists of the remains of an authentic manor house, a large and small officina building, auxiliary buildings and a beautiful park, dating back to centuries-old history...
The manor is located on the eastern shore of Plinkšiai lake. From the east and south, the park is surrounded by ponds, and Plinkšiai lake is situated on the west.
The park is planned under the principles of English parks and features attributed of classicism. The central passage of the park is straight, but approaching the palace, he ends with a large roundabout parterre. Park is enclosed by side curved paths, following he river-pond outline. Park's garden is set up in the northern part of the park, where you can set up bee gives and food gardens.
Manor's architecture- the synthesis of historicism, neoclassicism and neo-renaissance styles. It is one of the most valuable buildings of this style in Lithuania.
The development of the manor are marked by the following stages of formation: 1st stage -18th century - it is known that at the beginning of the 18th century Plinkšiai were already called as folwark. 2st stage -the beginning of the 18th century. Inventory records mention: a new farmhouse, a new barn, a newly reconstructed stables, a rebuilt barn, an old but good "odryna." 3th stage - the end of the 19th century. Plinkšiai went to the Pliaters ownership. Manor's farm buildings were built n the territory of the old folwark, the manor with officinas - in a new place. The representative part of the manor buildings with the park and fragments farm buildings has remained.
In 1717, Plinkšės together with Kuršėnai were under the control of Jakub Gruzhevsky, stolnik of the Principality of Samogitia. In the middle of 19th century Plinkšiai were bought by Pliaters. Stories tell that they took this mansion to their possesion after winning card game. Until the end of the 19th century, the manor and park belonged to Constantine Broel Pliater (1847-1899). His grave is located on the picturesque Plinkšiai lake's shore, near the park. During 1870-1880 yrs. K. Pliater built classicism style Plinkšiai manor, which has survived to this day. After his death, manor was inherited by his eldest daughter Olga. 2003. On May 13, 2003, Plinkšiai manor House was listed in the list of buildings of the Register of Immovable Cultural Property of the Republic of Lithuania.
GENERAL INFORMATION: Address: Mažeikiai district, Šerkšnėnai ward, Dvaro st. 8; Land area: 21,1966 ha; Year of construction – 1878; Number of floors – 2; Total area of the manor - 1725.38 sq. m. BUILDINGS ON THE LAND: Manor– 1725,38 sq. m.; Great officina – 392,80 sq. m.; Minor officina – 301,88 sq. m.; Icehouse – 29,05 sq. m.; Bathouse – 211,87 sq. m.; Warehouses – 213,42 ir 132,03 sq. m.; Stable – 416,85 sq. m.; Farm building – 78,33 sq. m.