ium1418 Villa Spello, Perugia, Umbria ium1418 Short description
A completely renovated ancient Palace in a panoramic position in the centre of Spello. The property comprises a seventeenth century Palace with a terrace in the tower, two outbuildings, small storage outbuilding, and Park with an area of 3,500 square meters
The Palace is located in the historic center of Spello, famous for its Festival of flowers (Infiorata). This town is considered one of the most picturesque in Italy. Here you can admire historical and architectural sights of ancient Rome and the middle ages. The property is situated in the upper part of the city.
Other famous historical centres of Umbria are very close: Foligno (8 km) and Assisi (14 km), the road to them is 15 minutes, a little farther - Trevi (20 km), Perugia (30 km) and Spoleto (34 km).
The highway passes near the property, allows for a 1 hour 45 minute drive from Rome and Florence. The nearest international airport is Perugia Sant"Egidio airport is located 22 km (15 minutes), the Roman airports of Fiumicino and Ciampino is 178 km and 200 km respectively.
Description of buildings
The property includes :
- Palace living area of 718 sq. m. with a penthouse 122 sqm and a panoramic terrace of 280 sq m. the Building is of great artistic and architectural value, its construction, according to various historical sources, was completed by 1602. The Palace stands on the foundations of a medieval fortress, but some parts of its brickwork testify to an even earlier Roman origins.
- Wing area of 85 sq. m. with storage outbuildings 81 sq. m.
- Building a living area of 58 sqm with a garage of 88 sqm, basement of 170 sqm and terrace 126 sq. m.
- A small extension that needs to be repaired.
The four-story Palace with a large terrace includes:
- Ground floor area of 255 sqm with vaulted ceilings. The main entrance divides the floor into two wings: the left wing are a bedroom, a chapel and storage room; in the kitchen, a room for wood storage, cellar, technical room and staircase leading to the upper floors. On the reverse side there is an exit to the patio;
- Second main floor with vaulted ceilings, frescoed walls, includes four spacious bedrooms, one with EN-Suite bathroom, lounge, kitchen and bathroom;
- On the third floor there is a kitchen/living room, two bedrooms and bathroom;
- Third floor consists of a living room, kitchen, study, two bedrooms, three bathrooms and a large attic premise with an area of 122 sq. m.;
- On the fourth floor there is a spacious terrace with an area of 280 sq. m.
The building has a lift.
Near the Palace is a two storey outbuilding:
- The first floor area of 81 sqm includes office and warehouse space, as well as a small courtyard of 20 sqm;
- On the second floor area is 85 sqm apartment with living room, kitchen, dining room, two bedrooms, study and bathroom.
The building, located on a hillside, consists of:
- fully renovated premises with a garage of 88 sqm and a warehouse;
- parts of buildings requiring restoration. It includes three storage rooms and portico with access to the garden on the ground floor, technical room on the mezzanine floor, large living room/kitchen with small balcony, bedroom with access to a large panoramic terrace with an area of 126 sqm and a bathroom on the second floor, two additional rooms on the top floor.;
Opposite this building there is a small additional outbuilding in need of restoration.
Energy efficiency class: G.
Energy efficiency index: 385.
Palace of the XVII century and an outbuilding have recently been completely renovated and are in excellent condition.
In the course of professional renovation preserved the original architectural features of the Palace: on the first floor there are vaulted ceilings, terracotta floors and a large fireplace in the kitchen; on the second, main floor: large, frescoed and decorated with relief moulding vaulted ceilings and walls, wooden floors.
The chapel is decorated with relief stucco and artificial marble.
The rest of the Palace and outbuilding are not preserved interior, but has been carefully restored and are in excellent condition.
The property includes a landscaped garden of 3.500 sq. m. and terraces one of which with an area of 280 sqm, located on the top floor of the Palace, the other, with unforgettable panoramic views of the valley, is situated at the top of the tower.
Actual and potential uses
Property is located in one of the most famous and picturesque towns of Umbria, from here easy access to Rome and Florence. These characteristics make it an ideal private residence for Executive or luxury home to holiday (outhouse may serve as a guest house and outbuilding in need of renovation - the place of residence of the service staff).
There is the possibility of putting the property in rental or small hotel business.