The estate has been owned by the famous family since 1870 and ever since Chianti has always been produced in this property. The 'Fattoria' itself is composed by a large 18th century villa with two wine cellars, one on the ground floor of the villa, one underground. Next to the Fattoria is the master's villa, or "villa padronale," a large structure, beautiful example of 1930's 'Liberty' architectural style. In the vicinity of the villas and in the surrounding areas there are many smaller country houses that are also part of the estate. The vineyards of this estate are always cared for by able hands. Work is done with method and passion, always observing those ancient traditions that are considered fundamental to make good wine, and therefore also with the utmost respect towards nature. The vineyards are located at an altitude of about 1000 ft. asl. on a terrain consisting prevalently of clay and sand and have all been renewed in the recent past, as they are all between 8 and 13 years of age, therefore in full production.
The estate is easily accessible from the A1 Highway in less than 10 minutes; Florence can be reached in about 30 minutes, Arezzo in 20 and Siena in 50 minutes.