May 12, 2015
A native of the USSR, the American businessman Leonid (Leonard) Blavatnik is named the richest resident of the UK with a £13.17 billion fortune, according to The Sunday Times. For a year Blavatnik moved from fourth to first place in the rating of the wealthy residents with fortune over £100 million.
Blavatnik is followed by Indian brothers Sri and Gopi Hinduja (£13 billion), Galen and George Weston, the owners of Primark and Selfridges (£11 billion), and co-owner of London football club Arsenal Alisher Usmanov (£ 9,8 billion).
Leonid Blavatnik owns Access Industries, Warner Music and LyondellBasell Industries NV. His house in London is located at 15 Kensington Palace Gardens on the so-called avenue of billionaires, near royal family's Kensington Palace.
1. Len Blavatnik, £13.17 billion
2. Sri and Gopi Hinduja, £13 billion
3. Galen and George Weston and family, £11 billion
4. Alisher Usmanov, £9.8 billion
5. David and Simon Reuben, £9.7 billion
6. Ernesto and Kirsty Bertarelli, £9.45 billion
7. Lakshmi Mittal and family, £9.2 billion
8. Kirsten and Jorn Rausing, £8.7 billion
9. The Duke of Westminster, £8.56 billion
10. Roman Abramovich, £7.29 billion