The building represents a remarkable and impressive unique architectural evolution which took place over several centuries. The first documented mention of the city name goes back to 904 A.D., but settlement is proved back to the Neolithic.
The first proven appearance of this building came as part of the city walls, as a reinforced access to the watchtower, around the year 1200. But it might well be even older than this. Additionally it was used as a customs house to tax the exchange of goods that entered the city. In the second part of the 15th century the defenses were once again improved in order to defend the city against the invasion of the ottoman empire. Probably in 1794 due to an earthquake the roof of the watchtower himself had to be repaired and the property at stake lost part of his fortifications, while keeping its residential function. The basic building fabric essentially preserved shows oriels with tiny windows in order of defensible sentinel posts and its three pavements are based on historical cross vaults and walls up to 27 inches thick.(which helps to keep the temperature stable, whether it´s hot or cold.)
Later on, there were added baroque elements as some windows and details. One third of the construction was edified as last amplification in the 19th century.
The immediate neighborhood of the last standing medieval watchtower in town, as the impression of living on layers of history under one´s feet, makes one imagine all those remarkable events, that this building testified over its almost thousand years of history.
The three store building occupies a corner property with an area of 273, 25 m² (2941,24 ft²) The ground floor has 113, 29 square meters and is currently used as an art gallery. It consists of three spaces, two toilets and a small kitchen a well as a separate staircase to the second floor. A small open air area might be used for leisure or even as a garage. An open corridor offers an independent access to the third floor. The second floor is divided into ten spaces, one corridor and a toilet. His area has 152,88 square meters. The third floor is accessible through an external corridor and staircase. Its area has 58,5 m² The third floor and the attic store (not pictured here) offer great opportunities to be extended into a nice loft or two apartments, including a roof garden with a wonderful view over the river. A project has been developed already. The roof was renewed six years ago. Ground floor and first floor were commercially used until a year ago and the entire real estate is now free to be used in which way ever the owner will decide. MORE INFORMATION: www.historicalrealestate.at CONTACT: email@example.com FONE: +43 699 19442912